What is a website builder?
Website builder is software for creating websites in a visual editor without any special programming knowledge.
A website builder is a software-implemented complex system for creating web pages without knowledge of programming languages. This is usually a standalone service, but it can also be provided as an add-on service by hosting companies. It is possible to create sites, both using content management systems (CMS).
The first sites were created in the early 1990s. These sites were written by hand using HTML.
Over time, a program for website layout was created, and until 1998 Dreamweaver was the leader among such products. However, many criticized this software for the poor quality of the resulting code: it was too overloaded.
With the introduction of the W3C standards, Dreamweaver and similar programs have been criticized for not meeting the new standards. Open source software tends to conform to standards and gains momentum in its development every year.
One of the first website builders that did not require special programming skills was the Geocities project, founded in 1994. After 5 years of existence, Geocities was sold to Yahoo! for $ 3.6 million.
After the project was technically obsolete, it was closed in April 2009. Since then, the website builder market has been represented by over 70 platforms that allow you to create a wide variety of types of websites.
Website builders on the Internet are gaining popularity due to their ease of use and enhanced functionality through the introduction of new technologies and improvements in the web programming languages HTML5 and CSS3.
TOP best website builders
- uCoz – top universal constructor (ucoz.ru);
- uKit is the best business website builder (ukit.com);
- Wix – a service for creative people (wix.com);
- Joomla – CMS takes a leading position in the ranking (joomla.ru);
- Drupal – is a flexible CMS at the heart of many sites (drupal.org);
- WordPress – is the world’s # 1 free platform (wordpress.org);
- Ucraft – is a modern service for beginners (ucraft.ru);
- Webasyst – is a marketplace for professionals (webasyst.ru);
- SITE123 – is a western product at our price (site123.com);
- Nethouse – event space builder (nethouse.ru);
- 1C-UMI – author’s designer from “1C” (umi.ru);
- Weblium – is a convenient service for beginners (weblium.com).
Premium best services (recommend)
- uKit – The best business website builder, affordable and effective;
- uCoz – The most powerful, versatile builder for power users;
- Wix – Service with the best visual editor and unique branded tools;
- Drupal – is a content management system with almost unlimited possibilities;
- Joomla – is an open source, versatile content management system;
- WordPress – World leader among CMS. Free, convenient, flexible. Suitable for everyone.
What is WordPress?
Today it is the most popular content management system in the world. WordPress powers over 38% of sites around the world and the number is constantly growing!
In general, a content management system is a web application that allows site owners, editors, authors to manage their sites and publish content without any programming knowledge.
WordPress uses PHP and MySQL, they are supported by all hosting providers. But dedicated WordPress hosting plans can provide you with the best speed, performance, and reliability. Usually this CMS is used to create a blog, but a WordPress site can be easily converted into an online store, portfolio, or anything else you’ve ever dreamed of.
One of the great things about WordPress is its intuitive and user-friendly interface. If you know how to use Microsoft Word, you don’t need to worry about WordPress, you can create and publish your content successfully!
– intuitive process of website creation;
– separation of design and content, as a result, a quick change in appearance;
– edit the site without any special programming knowledge;
– clear interface;
– reliable security system;
– constant technical support;
– convenient control;
– ready-to-use manuals;
– support for mobile devices.
Site builder is software that allows you to create websites on the Internet. Website builder is a handy tool to create websites for free web pages, online stores without knowledge of programming languages. The website builder allows you to create a full-fledged work resource for various tasks as quickly as possible, without the help of developers, depending on your needs and wishes. Thanks to this service, you can get a ready-made website for further work with it in a matter of minutes. Creating your own resource using the constructor is a modern and practical solution that minimizes time and material costs.
The most popular website builder is “WordPress” in my experience.
On any hosting, WordPress can be installed in one click.
In short, Website Builder is a dedicated service that allows you to create websites without knowing any programming languages.
This tool can be compared to a children’s construction set. A child from different toys can build a tower, a house, a car.
This is exactly how website builders work: there are ready-made blocks for which you can change properties and appearance. You combine them and build a portal from them.
The site will be created according to predefined templates. You will be able to fill the pages with content, but the constructor takes over the lion’s share of the creative process.